Volunteer with Us
Support children as a parent volunteer at Stanhope!
- Do you have a few hours a week to spare?
- Do you like working with children and helping them learn new skills?
- Could you give some time to develop the thinkers and do-ers of tomorrow?
If you answer yes to all of these questions, then we would love to hear from you. Being a volunteer at Stanhope is a very rewarding experience. We currently have a variety of volunteers – both from our parent body and from the wider community, which we are hoping to grow further in the future.
Activities could include:
- Reading with individual children who need some extra practice and confidence
- Working with a small group in the classroom
- Support classes in our library
- Show a child a skill, and support them to improve their resilience
- Gardening with a group of children!
If you think you may be a suitable person to support a child or group at Stanhope to enhance academic and social progress and also make a valuable contribution to your child’s school, then please contact the school.
Contact can be made in the first instance, by going into the school office in person and registering your interest. You could also phone the school on 020 8575 9989. Alternatively, you could email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the email for the attention of Carol Hinkson, Business and Operations Manager, who will get back to you promptly and organise to meet with you to discuss this unpaid role in further detail.
In return for giving your time in this way, you would:
- Receive appropriate training
- Develop new skills
- Have the opportunity to support some great children
- Add another element to your CV
- Be able to give to your community in a really practical way
You would need to commit to giving your support on a regular basis for a period of time – at least a term in the first instance - and would need to apply for a DBS check to ensure you are suitable to work with children. You would also undertake a reading test and suitable references would be received and followed up. You would not support your own child. Please do not hesitate to contact us to register your interest and ask any questions. We look forward very much to hearing from you!